Knights of St Columba
The Knights of St Columba are an Order of Catholic Laymen dedicated to the Service of the Church and fellow man. The Organisation, which is non-
political and essentially democratic, exists to support the mission of the Catholic Church and at the same time to work for the spiritual and material good of its members and their families. We are part of the Lay Apostolate.
Catholic Action is crucial to our purpose. It is the visible sign of our witness to the teachings of the Gospel. Our motto is “Serving God By Serving Others”.
Our action is both local and national. Locally:
- We host the Good Friday Stations of the Cross in Pantasaph.
- We support the Shrine of St. Winefride in Holywell.
- We promote a “Keep Christ in Christmas” campaign by using only religious Christmas cards; putting a special sticker on all correspondence; circulating posters etc.
- Service in the Parish and Community.
- Support the Church in its Social Teaching.
- Assist the Clergy.
The KSC was founded in Glasgow in 1919 and during the 1920s expanded throughout Britain as news of its work became known. Today there are over 5000 members across Britain contained in 340 councils, 4 of which are in North Wales including the one here in Colwyn Bay, which is one of the oldest in North Wales.
We are looking for new members to assist in our work and to help in turning your ideas into action. For more information contact Darwin or Jim.