St. Joseph’s church was opened in 1900 to serve the Catholic population of Colwyn Bay and the many visitors the new seaside resort attracted. The church was built in memory of Dean John Lennon.
In 1910 the Convent of Mercy opened its doors and St Joseph’s Primary School followed in 1933 on land adjacent to the church.
To read more about the history of St Joseph’s Catholic Church check out Colwyn Bay Heritage Online
Pictures reproduced with permission from the Colwyn Bay Heritage Project